ARLA/CLUSTER: Nova versão 'wideband' do Codec2 Digital Voice Mode é dada a conhecer por David Rowe (VK5DGR)

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 28 de Junho de 2017 - 16:06:38 WEST

New Codec2 Digital Voice Mode

David Rowe VK5DGR creator of Codec2 for narrowband amateur radio HF
Digital Voice is developing a 'wideband' variant

On his blog he writes:

I ran some numbers on the new OFDM modem and LDPC codes, and turns out
we can get 3000 bit/s of codec data through a 2000 Hz channel at down
to 7dB SNR.

So – what can I do with 3000 bit/s and a new Codec 2 mode? I decided
to try wideband(-ish) audio – the sort of audio bandwidth you get from
Skype or AM broadcast radio. So I spent a few weeks modifying Codec 2
to work at 16 kHz sample rate, and Jean Marc gave me a few tips on
using DCTs to code the bits.

Read the full post and listen to the audio samples at
http://www.rowetel.com/?p=5711

David Rowe VK5DGR
https://twitter.com/davidgrowe67