ARLA/CLUSTER: Potencialmente há um novo país DXCC no horizonte: O Curdistão Iraquiano para realizar um referendo sobre a Independência.

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 14 de Junho de 2017 - 21:51:05 WEST

IRAQI Kurdistan to hold Independence Referendum. Potentially new DXCC
country on the horizon

If you follow the *Intrepid-DX Group*, you know that we visited Erbil, the
capitol of Iraqi Kurdistan in April 2010 and conducted the *YI9PSE*
 DXpedition.

Since that time, we have maintained our relationship with the Kurdistan
Regional Government (KRG) and followed their plans for independence. The
KRG has welcomed us to return for additional amateur radio activities.

On June 7, 2017, KRG President Massoud Barzani announced following a
meeting of the Kurdish political parties that the Iraqi Kurdish region will
hold an independence referendum on September 25th, 2017 as the first major
step towards independence.

The Intrepid-DX Group will continue to follow developments from the KRG as
they move towards independence. If they declare independence and all
conditions are in place for UN acceptance, we will again hope to join
forces with our friends the Tifariti Gang www.dxfriends.com> and activate
Kurdistan together just as we joined teams to activate the new Republic of
South Sudan in August/September 2011.

You can follow our progress at www.Intrepid-DX.Com
<http://www.intrepid-dx.com/> or on our Facebook Page.

Thank you,