ARLA/CLUSTER: Motorola Solutions faz reclamações adicionais de infracção de patentes na Alemanha contra a Hytera Communications e Hytera Mobilfunk

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 25 de Julho de 2017 - 13:23:41 WEST

Motorola Solutions files additional Patent Infringement complaints in
Germany against Hytera Communications and Hytera Mobilfunk

Press release

Seeks to Enjoin Hytera from Continued Infringement of Patented Technology

Demonstrates Motorola Solutions’ Breadth of Innovation in Acoustics
Technology for Two-Way Radio Devices

Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) (“Motorola Solutions” or the
“Company”) today announced that it has filed new patent infringement
complaints with the Regional Court of Mannheim in Germany (the
“Mannheim Court”) against Hytera Communications Corporation Limited
(SHE: 002583) of Shenzhen, China and Hytera Mobilfunk GmbH of Bad
Münder, Germany (collectively, “Hytera”). These legal actions are in
addition to the Company’s patent infringement complaints previously
filed against Hytera in the Regional Court of Düsseldorf (the
“Düsseldorf Court”) on April 18, 2017.

With these additional patent infringement actions in Germany, Motorola
Solutions now has five pending IP litigations against Hytera,
including the patent infringement complaint filed with the U.S.
International Trade Commission on March 29, 2017 and the separate
patent infringement and trade secret misappropriation complaints filed
on March 14, 2017 in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District
of Illinois.

The new Mannheim Court complaints assert that Hytera’s two-way
wireless communication devices with improved squelch functionality are
infringing Motorola Solutions’s patent EP 1 139 562 B1. Significantly,
the focus of the new cases differs from any of the other patents that
Motorola Solutions has previously asserted against Hytera and
represents the second patent covering acoustic performance of two-way
radio devices. These new actions further exemplify Motorola
Solutions’s long-standing innovation in the area of acoustic
performance of two-way radio devices. Motorola Solutions seeks an
injunction preventing Hytera from offering and delivering products
with the accused squelch feature in Germany, as well as the recall and
destruction of infringing products and various damages.

Mark Hacker, general counsel and chief administrative officer of
Motorola Solutions, said, “Each legal action we take furthers our
commitment to safeguarding our valuable intellectual property for the
benefit of our customers, shareholders, employees, partners and other
stakeholders around the world. This case, in addition to the case
filed in the Düsseldorf Court, demonstrates the breadth of our patent
portfolio, in terms of both technology and geographic scope. We are
confident that the steps we are taking globally will be effective in
stopping Hytera’s unlawful conduct.”

For additional information regarding Motorola Solutions' legal actions
against Hytera, please visit
https://newsroom.motorolasolutions.com/presskits/motorola-solutions-intellectual-property.htm.