ARLA/CLUSTER: Cancelada DXpedition à Serra Leoa por revogação de licença por razões de segurança

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 10 de Julho de 2017 - 11:20:09 WEST

Sierra Leone cancelled

The Italian DXpedition Team (IDT), who announced that their next
Dxpedition will be in mid-March 2018 to Sherbro Island (AF-056) using
the callsign 9L1T, has reported that the operation was cancelled.

They state, "Time ago we received by email a copy of our 9L1T license.
After repeated solicitations addressed to the Ministry of
Telecommunications of Sierra Leone, in order to obtain the original,
we have been informed that the license was revoked, no amateur radio
license should be issued for security reason. We are deeply
disappointed, but this matter is totally out of our control. As a
result the March 2018 Dxpedition in Sierra Leone has been canceled."

OPDX