ARLA/CLUSTER: Cresce o aumento da poluição no Espectro Radioeléctrico

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 10 de Julho de 2017 - 11:12:53 WEST

Pollution of the RF Spectrum

A Radio World article highlights the growing RF pollution problem
which is ruining peoples' enjoyment of radio

Broadcast engineers are becoming more aware of the impact of
environmental radio noise on reception. The recent efforts at “AM
improvement” have highlighted this challenge to AM stations, and
evidence is growing that reception on FM and TV bands is being
impaired as well.

The general public, however, is far less aware of our growing noise
pollution issue. Listeners or viewers may not know why there is a
reception problem; they just perceive the signal as “weak” and may
switch to a competitor. Broadcasters are hearing a common pattern in
listener complaints: “I used to get good reception, but not anymore…”
I wrote about this in Radio World in a 2011 article titled “Johnston
Laments FM Noise.”

Other industries using RF wireless technologies report growing noise
trouble as well. A recent IEEE Spectrum article was subtitled
“Electronic Noise Is Drowning Out the Internet of Things.” Designers
of IoT devices are not getting the range they expect due to
unexpectedly high background noise, it reported.

Read the full story at
http://www.radioworld.com/news-and-business/0002/noise-inquiry-spurs-recommendations/339989