ARLA/CLUSTER: Actualização do Codec-2 de Voz Digital

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 17 de Janeiro de 2017 - 18:31:09 WET

Codec-2 Digital Voice update

David Rowe VK5DGR reports on his latest developments with Codec-2 HF
digital voice - speech using just 700 bits per second

My endeavor to produce a digital voice mode that competes with SSB
continues. For a big chunk of 2016 I took a break from this work as I
was gainfully employed on a commercial HF modem project.

However since December I have once again been working on a 700 bit/s
codec. The goal is voice quality roughly the same as the current 1300
bit/s mode. This can then be mated with the coherent PSK modem, and
possibly the 4FSK modem for trials over HF channels.

Read David's blog post at
http://www.rowetel.com/?p=5373

Codec-2 Mailing List

FreeDV Open Source HF Digital Voice