ARLA/CLUSTER: SpaceX transporta para a ISS um novo transceptor para as bandas de amador

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 20 de Fevereiro de 2017 - 14:19:08 WET

SpaceX launch ham radio transceiver to ISS

The CRS-10 mission carrying vital amateur radio equipment to the
International Space Station launched on a SpaceX Falcon 9 at 1439 UT
on Sunday, February 19

Frank Bauer KA3HDO, ARISS International Chair and AMSAT-NA V.P. for
Human Spaceflight Programs writes:

Included as part of today's successful launch of the SpaceX Dragon
vehicle to ISS is an ARISS Ericsson 2 meter VHF radio.  This radio
will replace the Ericsson radio that failed a few months ago.  The VHF
radio is used for school group contacts and amateur packet radio in
the Columbus module.  Once the Dragon vehicle is berthed to ISS, the
Ericsson will be unstowed and, at some point, installed in Columbus,
replacing the UHF radio that is now supporting APRS packet and some
school contacts.

Our thanks to SpaceX on an outstanding and historic flight from
Kennedy Space Center's Launch Pad 39A, where many Space Shuttle
missions  and nearly all the Apollo moon missions were launched.  We
also would like to thank our ARISS benefactors-NASA and CASIS, the
Center for the Advancement of Science in Space.  And, of course, our
amateur radio long-time sponsors-our national amateur radio
organizations around the world, including the American Radio Relay
League (ARRL) in the US, and our international AMSAT organizations,
including AMSAT-NA.

Before closing, I want to let you know that ARISS is making great
progress on the development of the new interoperable radio system that
we hope to use to replace our aging radio infrastructure in the
Columbus module and the Service module.  The hard (and expensive) part
of this effort is just beginning, with testing and human certification
on the horizon.  We thank all that have donated to the cause thus far.
We hope you continue to help ARISS move forward through your support,
including your volunteer time and talent and, of course, financial
contributions through the AMSAT web site donate button
http://www.amsat.org/

Amateur Radio on the International Space Station ARISS
http://ariss.org/