ARLA/CLUSTER: Petição à RSGB para fazer Concursos de VHF / UHF melhores para todos

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 2 de Fevereiro de 2017 - 13:41:32 WET

Petition to RSGB to make VHF/UHF Contests better for everyone

Dear VHF/UHF/SHF Contester, as you are probably aware, last year the
VHFCC introduced the controversial B2 scoring system for UK Activity
Contests.

We believe that this was wrong because it is complex, geographically
biased and a "handicapping" system where some stations can earn huge
advantages for living in red squares while other stations in the
south-west of England are heavily disadvantaged - we believe this is
unfair.

B2 does little to encourage new entrants starting out in contesting as
in many cases they are worse off than with the old M7 scoring system.
The M7 system was not ideal and personally I advocate other options
for scoring contests but that isn't the purpose of this email.

The B2 scoring system was voted against in vary large numbers at the
RSGB Contention but the VHFCC chairman chose to ignore the floor.
The consultation process was questionable and Carl M0ICR has shown how
the results from this process lead to flawed decision making.

We are now told that B2 is an "experiment" - I don't know about you
but I don't want to spend my time and money on contests where I am
being treated as some sort of lab rat!

Many iof us have other concerns regarding VHFCC including the complex
and un-necessary "Virtual Meeting Point" system, lack of transparency
and communication, lack of stakeholder engagement on social media and
late publication of committee minutes which we would like to see
improved.

Dave, G8LZE, was part of the original President's Review and says that
the B2 system goes beyond anything called for by the President's
Review and creates more problems than it attempts to solve.

Dave has decided to create a Petition to RSGB to make VHF/UHF
Contesting in the UK better:
https://www.change.org/p/david-g8lze-help-improve-vhf-uhf-contesting-in-the-uk

Please spend a few moments to read and sign the petition to ask RSGB
to make contesting better ... for everyone!

Mike G8TIC