ARLA/CLUSTER: Fwd: Dummies Guide to DMR In the UK

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 14 de Dezembro de 2017 - 21:47:01 WET

---------- Mensagem encaminhada ----------
De: "Chris W" <dmr-guide-uk  outlook.com>
Data: 14/12/2017 21:26
Assunto: Dummies Guide to DMR In the UK
Para: "Chris W" <dmr-guide-uk  outlook.com>

Good evening all,

(everyone is on BCC for privacy reasons)

thank you for downloading the first edition of the Dummies Guide to DMR in
the UK. I noticed from those that use their call signs in their e-mails,
that this has reached out to several countries including Canada, Denmark,
India, Portugal and South Africa (to name a few). Apart from the UK Network
side, the rest of the content is standard to all DMR users regardless of
their country.

Hopefully it has has helped you understand how DMR operates in the UK and
some of the more "technical bits" of this mode. I did get a few e-mails
back from new users to DMR who found the guide extremely useful so it's
good to know that it's helped one of the target audiences.

This project started in October 2017 and was compiled bit by bit over a 2
month period in order to capture as much as possible, get it edited
numerous times, have it reviewed then decide on the format to publish it in
as suggestions were made to go via Amazon to do a book or e-book. Doing a
Dummies Guide can be rather interesting and difficult as having been on DMR
for +3 years, one needs to keep things simple to help "newbies" understand
what is being explained.

The initial thought of this project was to get the basics done then follow
up with a second edition containing more in depth information as well as
capturing any updates since the project started. Therefore could I ask for
feedback on the guide in terms of content and layout as well as any
suggestions for the next edition and also advise if there is any
information that needs amending/correcting. I'm not expecting everyone to
respond however some feedback would be appreciated to help improve the
layout and content of the next edition.

Regards

Chris

2E0UCW