ARLA/CLUSTER: Um contacto único com ZS9YOTA via AllStar 46765 + AREDN Mesh Node

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 13 de Dezembro de 2017 - 12:52:57 WET

Unique contact with ZS9YOTA via AllStar 46765 + AREDN Mesh Node

(12 December 2017 08h20 – 08h32)

Great was my surprise to hear ZS9YOTA (Mobile) calling on the Amateur
Radio Emergency Data Network (AREDN) AllStar Node running on a
Raspberry Pi this morning.

I quickly connected to the AllStar Node vnia my Iphone using Zoiper
(VOIP application). Contact was established with a young lady (Chane
Greeff ZS4CG) 15 years old from Sasolburg a passenger in her dad's car
while I was sitting in my living room. She was using Echolink on a
cellphone with clear crisp audio.

We had a great chat and I explained to her that our conversation was
going out simultaneously on the AREDN AllStar 46765 Node, Echolink
108551 Node and also on the AREDN Mossel Bay Mesh Network. (ZS1I-4
Node via 5.8Ghz) All modern technology with the young and not so young
radio amateur in mind.

The young lady explained that the December YOTA Month Event is aimed
at young people who are interested in or want to find out more about
Amateur Radio on the air. I was highly impressed with the operating
procedures of this young lady and commend her in this regard. A great
new modern contact with modern technology!!

Finally: I would like to invite all youngsters and also not so young
operators to support Youngsters On The Air (ZS9YOTA) during December.
Feel free to use the following nodes if you so wish:

Echolink Node 108551 ZS1I-L
AllStar Node 46765 ZS1I-L
AREDN Node http://zs1i-4.local.mesh:8080/ ( ZS1I-4 (Only accessible on 5.8 Ghz))
More information on https://mosselbaymesh.co.za/

Looking forward to working more Youngsters On The Air (ZS9YOTA) via
the above nodes.

73

Johan Terblanche ZS1I

Founder: AREDN: Mossel Bay Mesh Network