ARLA/CLUSTER: Os novos radioamadores estarão a reinventar o radioamadorismo.

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 11 de Dezembro de 2017 - 12:43:14 WET

Millennials are Reinventing Ham Radio

A FaradayRF post notes it’s an exciting time to be a radio amateur and
looks at how Millennials can reinvent the hobby

The latest blog post by *Sterling Coffey N0SSC*, *Millennials Are Killing
Ham Radio*, dives into a topic we’ve brought up continually here at
FaradayRF. That topic is the future of amateur radio.

We’ve known Sterling for a long time and this post comes as no surprise to
us. He’s an ardent supporter of FaradayRF and even gave an impromptu
lightning talk about our project at the 2017 TAPR/DCC.

Being a millennial myself, I barely remember not having a computer in the
house and when we did have a computer there was at least dial-up Internet
to go with it. By the time I was in high school most of us had cell phones
and in 2007 when I graduated high school the iPhone changed the world. To
put it bluntly, mainstream ham radio has always been behind the curve of
mainstream technology for as long as I can remember. Rather than being
deterred, people such as Sterling, my brother Brent, and myself have taken
on the optimistic view that we can reinvent amateur radio.

Here’s how…

Read the full post at
https://faradayrf.com/millennials-are-reinventing-ham-radio/

Millennials are killing Ham Radio