ARLA/CLUSTER: Coreia do Norte aumenta transmissão de mensagens encriptadas em Ondas Curtas

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 28 de Abril de 2017 - 11:33:35 WEST

North Korea activates numbers station?

<http://swling.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/SWLingPost-Spy-Numbers-Station.jpg>

Many thanks to a number of *SWLing Post* contributors who’ve shared this
particular item from The National Interest
<http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/north-korea-broadcasts-really-strange-messages-new-nuclear-20183>
:

North Korea Broadcasts Really Strange Messages As New Nuclear Weapons Test
Looms

Pyongyang is reportedly broadcasting encrypted messages reminiscent of
those used to contact spies during the Cold War.

[…]As North Korea prepares to mark a key anniversary — the birthday of
North Korean founder Kim Il-sung — a U.S. Navy carrier strike group
<http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/09/u-s-carrier-strike-group-sails-toward-korea-in-show-of-force/>
led
by the USS Carl Vinson is on its way to Korea.

[…]Radio Pyongyang
<http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2017/04/14/0200000000AEN20170414002900315.html>
began
broadcasting peculiar messages at 1:15 a.m. (local time). The messages
included numbers and pages, such as No. 69 on page 823, No. 92 on page 467,
and No. 100 on page 957.“I’m giving review works in elementary information
technology lessons of the remote education university for No. 27 expedition
agents,†the broadcaster explained before repeating her message.

The messages are broadcast over shortwave radio.

Yonhap News Agency reports the numbers are different from past
announcements. Since June of last year, Pyongyang has broadcast its
messages 32 times.

*Continue reading the full article on The National Interest website…
<http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/north-korea-broadcasts-really-strange-messages-new-nuclear-20183>*

Update: Since I haven’t gotten any direct listener reports regarding this
numbers station’s reactivation, I’ve added a question mark in the title.
Please comment if you’ve logged this station (and we’d all love a
recording!).
North Korean Numbers Station V15 'Radio Pyongyang' 6400kHz
https://youtu.be/Owsy4JwsSoQ