ARLA/CLUSTER: Episódio 97 da serie " Foundations of Amateur Radio "

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 17 de Abril de 2017 - 13:28:26 WEST

Foundations of Amateur Radio - Episode 97

Is the 'Gentleman's Agreement' broken because the gentlemen of our
hobby are being overwhelmed by a noisy minority who don't think it's
their responsibility to help new Amateurs and prefer to stand on the
side-lines baying for blood?

What we are lacking is, now more than ever, is a community where
bullying is unacceptable, where consideration is expected and where
assistance is the name of the game. Perhaps one day we'll have a code
of conduct that radio amateurs can hold up to the world as an example
of tolerance, inclusiveness and encouragement. If we're lucky we can
even incorporate the Amateurs Code, originally written in 1928. A
Radio Amateur is Considerate, Loyal, Progressive, Friendly, Balanced
and Patriotic.

"Foundations of Amateur Radio" is a weekly podcast about an amazing
hobby where technology, science and people come together in a mix of
activity across the globe. This week I look at what might be at the
heart of the problem when historic perspectives clash with current
ideas and what we might have lost along the way.

You can listen to this podcast on-air, on-demand and on-line. Search
for my callsign, VK6FLAB on iTunes, or visit the website at
http://podcasts.itmaze.com.au/

Onno VK6FLAB