ARLA/CLUSTER: 1 Milhão de escoteiros de mais de 150 paises saudaram o Mundo durante o JOTA/JOTI 2016

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 19 de Outubro de 2016 - 15:58:47 WEST

Scouts say ‘hello’ to the World

* Sutton Coldfield Local* reports the Our Place Community Hub in Sutton
Coldfield was buzzing, quite literally at times, to the sound of morse
code, international chatter and radio call signs as the local scouts held
their JOTI / JOTA

Sutton Coldfield East beavers, cubs, scouts and explorers said hello to the
world in an International Jamboree On The Air with 1 million Scouts from
150 countries taking part.

Local MP Andrew Mitchell and Cllrs Alex Yip and Terry Wood were on hand in
the morning to chat with the youngsters and discover more about the
Jamboree on the Internet (JOTI) and Jamboree on the Air (JOTA) event.

Assistant District Commissioner Adam Hodson M3HOD explained:

“In 1957 33,000 Scouts from 85 countries camped in Sutton Park for the
World Jamboree. Today, thanks to the wonders of technology, Sutton Scouts
are saying ‘hello’ to the world right here, right now, in the Royal Town of
Sutton Coldfield through the power of radio and the internet at Our Place
Community Hub with our MP and councillors

“Between 8am and 4pm we said hello to Scouts from 75 countries including
Japan, China, Russia and Australia through the internet and radio. We used
ScoutLink, WebChat, Skype, JOTI TV and Digital Campfire. The Radio Society
also helped us with morse code and the phonetic alphabet.â€

Read the full story at
http://suttoncoldfieldlocal.co.uk/scouts-joti-jota-219022/