ARLA/CLUSTER: Transponder do EO79 FUNcube-3 activo

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 11 de Novembro de 2016 - 14:48:53 WET

EO79 FUNcube-3 transponder active

*AMSAT-UK* and *AMSAT-NL* working with ISIS BV are delighted to announce
that the FUNcube 435/145 MHz SSB/CW transponder, on the 2U CubeSat *QB50p1*
 (*EO79*), has now been activated with a regular schedule

Due to power budget constraints the transponder cannot be operational 24/7
and an orbit specific schedule has been developed. The transponder will
commence operation 27 minutes after the spacecraft enters sunlight and will
stay on for a period of 25 minutes. This schedule may be modified over the
forthcoming weeks as a result of experience.

The transponder frequencies are:
Uplink: 435.047-435.077 MHz LSB
Downlink: 145.935-145.965 MHz USB
The output power is approximately 400mW.

Qb50p1 (EO79) was launched in June 2014, as a collaborative effort led by
the von Karman Institute and ISIS-BV, into a sun synchronous 620×600 km
polar orbit as a precursor spacecraft for the QB50 mission.

The primary function of the satellite was to test a number of the systems
and science payloads. This phase has now been completed and we are grateful
to VKI and ISIS BV for carrying this transponder into space and, again, to
ISIS, for developing and uploading the new, required, flight code.

We hope you have lots of fun using EO79!

The book Getting Started with Amateur Satellites 2016 is now in stock at
the AMSAT-UK shop
https://amsat-uk.org/2016/06/27/getting-started-with-amateur-satellites-2016/