ARLA/CLUSTER: Planeada activação da Ilha Bouvet "number #2 most wanted DXCC entity"

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 17 de Junho de 2016 - 16:18:10 WEST

Bouvet Island activation planned

Three proven and experienced DXpedition leaders and a large team of
operators will activate the DXCC number #2 most wanted DXCC entity in
late 2017 or early 2018.

Ralph K0IR, Bob K4UEE and Erling LA6VM have been working on this
project since returning from Peter I (3Y0X) some 10 years ago.

We are making this announcement now, so that other DXpedition teams
that may be considering Bouvet as a DXpedition target can re-direct
their time and effort elsewhere.

In summary, we have an agreement with Nigel Jolly to provide trans-
portation, a helicopter, pilot and mechanic. We submitted a preliminary
plan to the Norwegian Polar Institute (NPI) some time ago and it has
been accepted. A permit will be issued to land on Slakhallet (the huge
glacier that covers the island).

We have a team committed, and the finances are doable. As per our
funding model, we commit to paying one-half the expenses involved and
we are asking the DX community to pay the other half of the expenses.
This arrangement has never failed us or you, the DXer.

Experience summary: Leaders have eleven" Dxpedition of the Year"
awards, they have activated a dozen "top-ten" DXCC entities and
amassed huge QSO totals at their most recent DXpeditions i.e. Desecheo
118.000 QSOs, HK0NA 195,000 QSOs, FT5ZM, 170,000 QSOs, K1N 140,000
QSOs.

Their experience in the Antarctic and Southern Oceans region is
unparalleled. Heard Island, South Sandwich, South Georgia, Peter I,
South Orkneys, Amsterdam Island, as well as numerous other operations
from ALL seven continents.

This team and it's leaders have have collectively given the given the
DX community over 4,000,000 DXpedition QSO's.

Our website is under development and fundraising will begin in the
months ahead. We are pleased that everything has finally come together
so that we can activate this most difficult, dangerous and rare DXCC
entity.

Your DXpedition leaders,
Ralph K0IR
Bob K4UEE
Erling LA6VM

ADDED NOTE FROM EDITOR: Earlier in the week, the following two
articles about Bouvet had shown-up before the above announcement was
sent out:
* Paul, N6PSE, posted to his blog on June 5th -- "Bouvet, So Far Away":
https://n6pse.wordpress.com/2016/06/05/bouvet-so-far-away

* Rich, KY6R, posted to his blog on June 5th -- "How to Raise Funds
for Bouvet, 3Y0/B: UPDATE!
https://ky6r.wordpress.com/2016/06/05/how-to-raise-funds-for-bouvet-3y0b

OPDX