ARLA/CLUSTER: Um radioamador na lista "Forbes 30 Under 30 "

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 6 de Janeiro de 2016 - 13:11:59 WET

Radio ham in Forbes 30 Under 30 list

Radio amateur Jeroen Cappaert KK6BLQ appears in Forbes magazine 30
Under 30 list which highlights the brightest young entrepreneurs,
breakout talents and change agents

Jeroen worked on the development of the ArduSat arduino-based CubeSats
which operated on 437 MHz. He is a co-founder of Spire Global Inc
(formerly Nanosatisfi, Inc.) which specializes in data gathered from
small satellites.

His role in the company is payload design and satellite avionics. He
was a researcher at NASA Ames before cofounding Spire, and has a
master's degree in mechanical engineering from Belgium's Katholieke
Universiteit Leuven and another in space studies from International
Space University in France. He's also published several papers with
intimidating titles like "Weighing Geoengineering: An
Interdisciplinary Assessment of the Space-Based Solar Shield." But he
still has his feet firmly on the ground: "I love technology. I love
getting my hands dirty and soldering wires and poking at things with
probes."

Forbes 30 Under 30 - Science
http://www.forbes.com/30-under-30-2016/science/

Spire Global Inc.