ARLA/CLUSTER: HamRadioNow: Uso da banda dos 60m na Holanda

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 3 de Fevereiro de 2016 - 14:18:30 WET

HamRadioNow: 60 Meters - Let's Go Dutch

Gary Pearce KN4AQ talks with ARRL Chief Technology Officer Brennan
Price N4QX about the 5 MHz band and International RF Diplomacy

The World Radio Conference 2015 concluded with a little 15 kHz Amateur
Radio allocation at 60 meters (the 5 channels we've been enjoying are
not recognized internationally), but with a far lower power limit - 15
watts EIRP... more like 10 watts to a dipole - than our current 100
watts.

In the Netherlands, where there was strong support for a wider band
and higher power limit, the government immediately authorized hams to
use a 100 kHz band and 100 watts.

In this episode, ARRL Chief Technology Officer Brennan Price N4QX
leads us through the wonky details of international RF diplomacy
(while Gary brings things around to the everyham level now and then).

it wasn't all 60 meters. Half of every WRC is an attempt to gain
spectrum, while the other half is protecting what we've already got.
And there, Amateur Radio did better in hanging onto UHF and microwave
spectrum that will be increasingly valuable.

And a big part of every WRC is laying the groundwork for the next WRC.
In 2019, hams will be trying to gain a worldwide allocation at 50 MHz.

Watch HRN 240: 60 Meters - Let's Go Dutch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K-zRw3XBq1o

Previous editions of HamRadioNow
http://www.youtube.com/user/HamRadioNow/videos