Re: ARLA/CLUSTER: Os sistemas amadores MESH já concorrem com as grandes empresas, pelo menos nos EUA

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 1 de Fevereiro de 2016 - 14:13:33 WET

NYC Mesh - a community-owned resilient network

What is a mesh?

A mesh network consists of Wi-Fi router 'nodes' spread throughout the
city. The network has no central server and no single internet service
provider. All nodes cooperate in the distribution of data, serving as
a stand-alone network in case of emergencies.

Our mission

We aim to create a free, resilient, stand-alone communication system
that serves both for daily use and also for emergencies—be it power
outages or internet disruption—running software that helps our
community with hyperlocal maps and events.

Read more at:
https://nycmesh.net/