ARLA/CLUSTER: Como detetar e caraterizar Radares OTH nas bandas em HF

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 12 de Dezembro de 2016 - 11:04:25 WET

Looking at an HF OTH radar

*Daniel Estévez EA4GPZ* was inspired by *Balint Seeber VK2FUNK*'s talk in
GRCon16 to learn more about HF Over The Horizon Radars

Most amateur operators are familiar with over-the-horizon radars in the HF
bands. They sometimes pop up in the Amateur bands, rendering several tens
of kilohertzs unusable. Here I look at a typical OTH radar, presumably of
Russian origin. It was recorded at my station around 20:00UTC on 8 December
at a frequency around 6860kHz. This radar sometimes appears inside the 40m
Amateur band as well.

Read Daniel's article at
http://destevez.net/2016/12/looking-at-an-hf-oth-radar/

See Balint Seeber VK2FUNK at GRCon16