ARLA/CLUSTER: Radioamadores com diversas profissões compartilham a mesma paixão pelo hobby na India

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 17 de Agosto de 2016 - 13:09:53 WEST

Radio hams from various professions chasing passion

The Hindu newspaper reports on amateur radio involvement with the
Krishna Pushkaram festival taking place August 12-23

It's 12.30 p.m. on Saturday and a senior High Court advocate
Kuthumbaka Ramesh VU3FTP was reporting the situation of a ghat in
interiors of Srisailam in Kurnool to the Command and Control Centre
(CCC) at Durga Ghat via a hand-held transmitter .

Tiruvidhula Satish VU3INZ, a Chartered Accountant, was passing on
information of pilgrim rush at the Vijaya Krishna Ghat in Vijayawada
to the CCC, which is monitoring entire Krishna Pushkaram. He was there
for a six-hour shift passing on the information.

The duo is not part of any government team monitoring the Pushkaralu,
but is part of the Ham Radio network — an alternative and definite
medium of communication during the Pushkarams.

“We are all doing this voluntarily as back up for the government
communication systems. Round the clock, we are gathering information
from all the ghats in the city and four of our mobile teams will be
moving in districts,” Mr. Ramesh told The Hindu.

Out of passion for the electronic hobby of operating the radio all our
team is working voluntarily, there are many from Hyderabad and other
places and from many professions, Mr. Ramesh said.

When all networks fails or during emergency, authorities can rely on
our network for information, he added.

Read the full story at
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-andhrapradesh/ham-operators-from-various-professions-chasing-passion/article8987265.ece