ARLA/CLUSTER: Episódio 186 do Podcast SolderSmoke

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 11 de Abril de 2016 - 13:23:57 WEST

SolderSmoke Podcast

Episode 186 of the amateur radio podcast SolderSmoke is now available

In this edition:
• April 1 WireWrapRap Rap-up.  Feedback from participants.
• Bench Reports:
  - Pete talks about his Raspberry Pi SDR DSP rig.
  - Bill talks about on his Mate for the Mighty Midget Receiver and
his R2 Frankenstein.
• A story from Pete's youth: Cruising the "Miracle Mile" with a
Heathkit "Ten-er."
• Why do we need more RF amplification (in receivers) on 20 than on 40?
• Have you ever tuned the BFO freq in a superhet by the "sound of the noise?"
• A visit to Washington by Jonathan W0OX and family.
• Bill goes to Winterfest Hamfest with Armand WA1UQO
• Pete on the importance of balance (in life).
• Great interviews on QSO Today: Peter Parker, Grayson Evans, and Ashhar Farhan.
• Mailbag:
   - Paul Darlington M0XPD has a new book about life, travel, and the
Dayton Hamvention.
   - Michael AA1TJ QRV with a tuning fork at its 2,000th harmonic.
   - Jonathan M0JGH living dangerously with homebrew QRP in Italy.
   - Ben KC9DLM JoO with MMM
   - Stefan DL1DF needs 3.579 MHz rock "with mojo." We have it for you OM.

Listen to
http://soldersmoke.com/soldersmoke186.mp3

Soldersmoke blog
http://soldersmoke.blogspot.co.uk/