ARLA/CLUSTER: Intrepid DX Group vai activar as Ilhas Antarticas, Sandwich do Sul e Georgia do Sul e cada membro já contribuiu com 15 000 para um custo estimado de 425 000 Dolares

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 20 de Outubro de 2015 - 13:30:24 WEST

An appeal from the Intrepid DX Group

The activations of South Sandwich and South Georgia Islands as VP8STI
and VP8SGI in January-February 2016 are the next major Dxpeditions to
take place.

The decision to activate VP8-South Sandwich and VP8-South Georgia was
made upon seeing how well FT4TA, FT5ZM and K1N were funded.
That gave us the confidence to go forward activating these two rare and
remote islands on the same trip. We are now finding ourselves with a
significant funding shortfall. By adding South Georgia to our
itinerary we added fifteen days at $8,000 per day or $120,000 onto the
cost to activate South Sandwich.

Our analysis of our funding shows us that while our individual donations
have exceeded all expectations, our club donations have not. We are
seeing that many Clubs that gave FT5ZM or K1N $1000-$2000 are giving
us $500 or a fraction of what they gave to these other Dxpeditions.
Some clubs have decided not to make any donation to us that gave quite
generously to other recent Dxpeditions.

While we appreciate each and every donation, we can tell you that a
Club donation to us of $500 amounts to a donation of $250 for the
activation of each of these rare and remote islands. With a budget of
$425,000 we are making small incremental steps when leaps and bounds
are needed.

As you know, upfront donations are critical for a Dxpeditions success.
Each member of the Intrepid DX Group has contributed $15,000 of their
personal funds to move the VP8STI-South Sandwich and VP8 South Georgia
Dxpeditions forward. These are two ten day Dxpeditions to two top ten
DXCC entities back to back. (#3 and #8)

To date, we have raised $142,000 above the team contribution of
$210,000. We still have a deficit of $73,000 that we need to fill as
much as we can. It is only through the generosity of Club donations
such as yours that we can make this DXpedition possible.

We would love to realize sufficient support so that the Intrepid-DX Group
could plan the future activation of another top five island entity after
the VP8STI/VP8SGI Dxpedition. Without sufficient funding, we cannot
make those kinds of plans for the future.

At this time, we are asking for those Foundations and Clubs that have
not yet made a donation to please consider doing so. We cannot make it
there on our own.

Please watch for updates and announcements on The Daily DX, DX-World,
DX Coffee and DX News. We hope that you will consider a donation
today.

Thank you,
Paul, N6PSE
Co-Leader, VP8 Team