ARLA/CLUSTER: LIDL vende DSP´s no interior de rádios para escuta em Ondas Curtas

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 22 de Maio de 2015 - 13:39:26 WEST

 Lidl sells DSP short wave radio for £6.99

Inside my local Lidl I found a Silvercrest SWED 100A "digital multi
band radio" and could not resist it at £6.99

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=23393

As supplied, it tunes in 5khz steps from 4.75 to 21.85Mhz, in
continuous bands, as well as MW and VHF FM. In the garden I couldn't
detect a local oscilaltor frequency so opened up the case (thus
invalidating any guarantee!) and found inside a AKC 6955 Digital
Signal Processing chip at its heart!

On the 'net I have found the datasheet in Japanese but with the odd
word in English. This datasheet suggested that the radio might be
modified to 3kHz channels and also Long Wave, different MW ranges and
other VHF bands ("TV bands 1 and 2", but you'd have to take a
soldering iron to the smd board for that.

So this is a "radio simple, computer complex" set, and I think I've
seen the chip addressed by an Ardino somewhere, so it has great
potential.

And in its correct state, great for some shorwave broadcast listening
on the beach

Andy G0SFJ