ARLA/CLUSTER: Video da recepção da radiobaliza caboverdiana (D4C) na Ilha de Bonaire a 4686 km

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 11 de Maio de 2015 - 12:02:39 WEST

Transatlantic beacon reception on 144 MHz

The 144.436 MHz beacon D4C in the Cape Verde Islands HK76mv was
received at PJ4VHF in Bonaire, Caribbean EM95qc on May 6 over a
distance of 4686 km

A post on the D4C Facebook page says:

On May 6, 2015 history was made on contact across the Atlantic on VHF
bands on the W-E path: The new D4C 2m beacon was received on Tropo for
several hours in the Caribbean by PJ4VHF Dave on Bonaire on almost
4700km path. The band was open for 90 minutes from 0100-0230 UTC May
6, 2015. Report 519 on a TS-2000 with 2 x 13 element yagis.

Beacons were set up from the Monteverde Contest Team D4C and in
particular by HB9DUR and IZ4DPV. We thanks HB9OK Tera radio club for
providing the old unused equipment laboratory tested from HB9BCD
Carlo. We are glad that our efforts help the VHF community. Let’s work
for more with the aim of a two-way communication.

We are encouraging any Caribbean and south American station with 2m
capability to keep listening to D4C/B on 144.436 MHz and to spread out
the news as well as stations in the U.K. on the other direction.

Thanks to PJ4VHF Dave for this fantastic reception and happy DX’ing on VHF.

Watch D4C 144.426 MHz at PJ4VHF (4686km) in YouTube

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/D4C.STATION

D4C beacon
http://hb9dur.ch/2015/03/23/vhf-beacon-on-cape-verde-island/