ARLA/CLUSTER: O radioamadorismo pode e deve ser os olhos e ouvidos dos serviços de emergencia.

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 4 de Maio de 2015 - 14:02:41 WEST

Ham Radio: The unseen eyes and ears of emergency services

The Tarleton Area Amateur Radio Club (Stephenville, Texas) features in
the Empire-Tribune newspaper

During last weekend’s violent storms area HAM radio operators were
busy helping to ensure the quality of all our lives by keeping first
responders, storm chasers and government officials informed.

Locally, Gene Morrison, William D. Allen and Larry D. Barr are among
the top go-to HAM guys. Allen is president of the Tarleton Area
Amateur Radio Club and Barr is the public information officer of the
club. Barr spoke to us about the club and the Sky Warn program.

"The club started up about nine ago and we got authorized to
administer the [HAM license] tests. Over the years we have
administered about 150 tests for people to get their licenses, so
we’re real busy doing that.

Read the full story at
http://www.yourstephenvilletx.com/news/local/ham-radio-the-unseen-eyes-and-ears-of-emergency-services/article_468738b4-89e1-58fd-821a-2d1125f32a5e.html

Tarleton Area Amateur Radio Club