ARLA/CLUSTER: INDEXA encoraja que as DXpedition devem prever serviços humanitários às populações visitadas

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 3 de Julho de 2015 - 13:09:15 WEST

INDEXA to encourage humanitarian aid

The *INDEXA* Officers and Board of Directors are pleased to announce their
intent to encourage DXpeditions to provide humanitarian aid and services
benefiting individuals and communities they visit on DXpeditions

Additional funding is available when a DXpedition submits a plan to provide
humanitarian aid, the plan is approved by INDEXA, and the plan is
successfully completed and documented. This incentive can be as much as an
additional 15% added to the financial support offered the DXpedition.

Quoting from the INDEXA website (www.indexa.org) and the page entitled
Humanitarian Aid:

INDEXA believes that many of the DXpeditions we support have a unique
opportunity to perform humanitarian activities which will improve the lives
of those indigenous people and communities they encounter on a DXpedition.
Humanitarian activities come in a variety of forms including education,
medical and dental assistance, infrastructure improvements, and physical
donations of goods and other services. Obviously, there are many additional
ways a DXpedition team or individual team members can positively impact the
lives of the people of the community or country the DXpedition team is
visiting. INDEXA is prepared to offer additional financial support to
DXpeditions as an incentive to conduct humanitarian activities and to
offset some or all of the additional costs that may be involved.

The process to follow is clearly outlined on the INDEXA website.

INDEXA is proud to be an important factor in the funding of DXpeditions.
Our motto is and has been for over 30 years "Helping Make DX Happen". We
feel that INDEXA's approval as a 501(c)(3) organization and the consequent
likelihood that donations by U.S. taxpayers are tax deductible means we are
well positioned to have a larger impact on the DX community. This
announcement of the Humanitarian Aid initiative is an example of our
commitment.