ARLA/CLUSTER: Cross Country Wireless apresenta novos baluns

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 30 de Janeiro de 2015 - 13:03:27 WET

End fed half wave antenna matching units from Cross Country Wireless

*Cross Country Wireless* have just released a new range of antenna matching
units and baluns for end fed half wave (EFHW) antennas.

Development work on our earlier units has resulted in a new design of
bandpass antenna matching unit.

This is ideal for use on multi-transmitter sites and has excellent medium
wave rejection (typically 70 dB) for operating close to broadcast stations.

The are also two wideband units for end fed half wave (EFHW) antennas
matching half wave wire antenna for 160 to 30m or 80m to 10m.

We also make a 9:1 balun for general HF work, a off centre fed dipole
transformer and balun and a 1:1 current balun inline isolator.

The units are rated and tested at 150W and are built in a polycarbonate box
measuring 65 x 60 x 40mm. Amphenol BNC connectors are used. The box is
rated to IP65 but it is also potted in epoxy resin for additional weather
sealing and mechanical protection.

The web page for the new antenna matching units is:
http://www.crosscountrywireless.net/end_fed_antenna.htm

*Julian, OH8GEJ* has made a YouTube video of a prototype 30m bandpass EFHW
antenna matching unit in use north of the Arctic Circle:

Regards,

*Chris Moulding, G4HYG*