ARLA/CLUSTER: HamRadioNow: 100 Years of Amateur Radio Experience

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 15 de Janeiro de 2015 - 13:50:13 WET

Gary Pearce KN4AQ and Rich Casey N5CSU got their Novice calls half a century ago

January 11, 1965, a breathless Novice wraps his fist around the key
and bangs our his first call on 40 cw, the ink still wet where he
signed the license that was waiting in the mailbox when he got home
from school.
A ham career was launched, and 50 years later to the day, the former
WN9NSO, now the host of an award-winning, internationally renowned...
OK, of THIS little TV show... celebrates by renewing a friendship with
another former Novice, WN9LRI, who shared many contacts on two-meter
AM in that first year.

So together, Rich Casey, now N5CSU, and I total 100 years of Ham Radio
Experience as of today. OK, Rich beat me by a few months, and it's
been a competition ever since.

Join Rich and me for a nostalgia-fest as we take a look back at what
Ham Radio looked like, to us at least, 50 years ago. -Gary KN4AQ (ex
WN9NSO)

Watch Episode 186: 100 Years of Ham Experience, on HamRadioNow
http://www.youtube.com/embed/B-owWhOy2hk?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0

Previous editions of HamRadioNow
http://www.youtube.com/user/HamRadioNow/videos