ARLA/CLUSTER: A Beginners Guide to Amateur Satellites talk

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 12 de Janeiro de 2015 - 12:39:19 WET

David Bowman G0MRF will be giving a presentation titled ‘A Beginners
Guide to Amateur Satellites’ at the Sutton & Cheam Radio Society
(SCRS) on Thursday, January 15 at 8 pm, visitors are welcome

The SCRS newsletter says:

Last February, we had an excellent and well-attended talk by David
Bowman – GØMRF on the topic of ‘The FUNcube Satellite Project’. The
technology of satellite communication seems to have caught the
interest of many of our members, but what has been missing at our
meetings so far has been an illustrated talk on the basics of getting
started.

David will be paying us a return visit on Thursday 15th January with a
talk entitled ‘A Beginners Guide to Amateur Satellites’. This will
cover the development of amateur satellite communications along with
plenty of information on the necessary equipment to get started and
the techniques employed.

Some amateur satellite operators have extremely sophisticated and no
doubt expensive station set-ups, however, it is possible to start off
at a very basic level. All will be revealed at this meeting.

It’s always good to see a good turn-out of members and visitors at our
meetings, so hopefully we can ‘kickoff’ 2015 with a packed clubroom.
See you all on Thursday 15th.

John – GØBWV

The meeting will be held in the Vice Presidents’ Lounge, Sutton United
Football Club, The Borough Sports Ground, Gander Green Lane, Sutton,
Surrey, SM1 2EY at 7:30 pm for 8:00 pm.

Map http://scrs.org.uk/location/

Sutton & Cheam Amateur Radio Society
http://scrs.org.uk/