ARLA/CLUSTER: Revista CQ anuncia fim da CQ Plus Digital supplement a partir de março

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 12 de Janeiro de 2015 - 11:42:20 WET

CQ combining January/February issues, closing CQ Plus Digital supplement

CQ magazine today announced that it will be publishing a combined
January/February 2015 issue and will be ceasing publication of its 'CQ
Plus' digital edition supplement as of the March 2015 issue.

Both moves are intended to help restore the magazine's normal schedule
for its print edition and to strengthen its foundations moving forward
as it enters its eighth decade of publication, said Publisher Dick
Ross, K2MGA.

"These decisions were not made lightly," he added, "but in recognition
of the realities of the publishing industry. It's a tough time to be
in the magazine business, and we appreciate the patience and loyalty
of both our readers and our advertisers."

CQ will continue to publish both print and digital editions, but the
digital edition will no longer contain the 50-60 additional pages each
month that constituted " CQ Plus." Editor Rich Moseson, W2VU, noted
that he hopes to include some former CQ Plus content within the pages
of CQ, but says ham radio will remain the magazine's primary focus, as
it has been for the past seven decades. CQ is marking its 70th
anniversary of publication as of its January/February issue.

As a consequence of the changes, CQ Plus Editor Richard Fisher, KI6SN,
will be leaving the CQ staff after serving for many years as a
columnist for, and then as editor of, Popular Communications,
WorldRadio Online and CQ Plus. He was also CQ magazine's Emergency
Communications Editor. "We will miss Richard's many contributions to
CQ's products," noted Moseson, "and thank him for his many years of
service to our readers."

Subscribers to both the print and digital editions of CQ will have
their subscriptions extended by one month due to the combined
January/February issue.