ARLA/CLUSTER: Fundação Yasme atribiu premio de 5 000 dolares ao programa YOTA

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 8 de Janeiro de 2015 - 10:37:42 WET

 Yasme honours IARU Region 1 Youth Programme
Lisa Leenders, PA2LS

The Board of Directors of the Yasme Foundation has announced the recipients
of the *Yasme Excellence Awards* for 2014, and other actions

IARU Region 1 is delighted to learn that *Lisa Leenders, PA2LS*, the Chair
of the Region 1 Youth Working Group and *Florin-Cristian Predescu, YO9CNU*
have been awarded
a Yasme Excellence award for their work in organizing and promoting
Youngsters on the Air (YOTA) and amateur radio youth activities.

The Yasme Excellence Award is presented to individuals who, through their
own service, creativity, effort and dedication, have made a significant
contribution to amateur radio. The contribution may be in recognition of
technical, operating or organizational achievement, as all three are
necessary for amateur radio to grow and prosper.

Furthermore, the Yasme Foundation has awarded IARU Region 1 a grant of
$5,000 in support of youth activities in amateur radio.

In a separate action, the Yasme Foundation has awarded IARU Region 1 Member
Society, the Egyptian Radio Amateurs Society for Development (ERASD) a
grant of $2,000 in support of its activities.

In acknowledging the award to IARU Region 1 for its youth programme, the
President of IARU Region 1, *Don Beattie, G3BJ*, said “We are delighted
that Yasme has chosen to recognise and support the work we are doing here
in IARU Region 1. The future of amateur radio lies in our ability to
attract and retain high calibre entrants to our ranks. Whilst the march of
communications technology might, to some, seem to cast a question-mark over
“traditional†amateur radio, our view is that there is much to attract
today’s youth into our ranks. With Yasme’s financial support, we will be
able to work even more energetically to help our Member Societies bring
focus to attracting the new blood which amateur radio needs so muchâ€

Yasme Foundation http://www.yasme.org/

IARU Region 1 http://iaru-r1.org/