ARLA/CLUSTER: Agenda da Ofcom para a WRC-15 propõe harmonizar globalmente os PMR446

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 7 de Janeiro de 2015 - 13:53:40 WET

Ofcom WRC-15 update

Ofcom has published an update on the key issues to be considered at
the World Radiocommunication Conference 2015 (WRC)

WRCs are held approximately every four years and take key decisions
concerning the identification and international harmonisation of
spectrum bands.

Under a Government direction, Ofcom represents the UK at WRCs.
The next conference takes place in Geneva from November 2-27, 2015.
It will consider a wide range of issues across a number of sector
interests, including mobile broadband, maritime, aeronautical,
satellite and science use of spectrum.

Today’s update follows a consultation in June 2014 and is intended to
inform the on-going preparation process and stakeholder engagement
programme. We provide updated UK positions, taking into account the

In a number of cases, however, further work will be required to
develop the UK position and we may publish another WRC update closer
to the start of the conference.

The key Agenda Items are:
1.1 - which overlaps amateur 3.4 and 5 GHz allocations
1.4 – Amateur radio 5 MHz allocation
1.18 – Automotive radar in the amateur 77 GHz allocation

Also covered is Global Harmonisation and a Power Increase for licence
exempt PMR446 equipment. 446 MHz is an amateur radio allocation in
some parts of the world.

Read the update at
http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/consultations/wrc15/update-jan-15

Link to PDF document