ARLA/CLUSTER: Jovem britânico é acusado de interferir deliberadamente em rede privadas de rádiocomunicações

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 12 de Fevereiro de 2015 - 13:16:07 WET

Teenager charged with Wireless Telegraphy Act offences

Ofcom have shown they can take action under the Wireless Telegraphy
Act when they wish to

>From the Scotland Police website:
http://www.scotland.police.uk/whats-happening/news/2015/
february/man-arrested-under-the-wireless-telegraphy-act

Police in Edinburgh have arrested and charged an 18-year-old man for
over twenty offences committed under the Wireless Telegraphy Act.

The crimes, which included offensive remarks, took place between June
2014 and January 2015. They related to interference with
communications on private radio networks that caused disruption to
various locations in the Capital, including Edinburgh Airport and
Edinburgh Castle.

As a result of five months of partnership investigation between the
local Community Policing Team, Ofcom and the British Transport Police,
an address at Craigmillar was searched on Monday (February 9) and
equipment was recovered.

The matter is now being reported to the Procurator Fiscal.

Inspector Murray Starkey said:

“This type of crime may appear relatively low risk, however, the
impact has caused genuine concern for the individuals and
organisations involved, as well as significant disruption to their
daily business.

“Our joint investigations have led to a man being charged with over
twenty offences. This demonstrates the value of our partnership with
Ofcom and is an example to others that perpetrators of these crimes
will be traced and held to account.”

Mark Walls, Ofcom Spectrum Engineering and Enforcement Director, said:

“Deliberately interfering with private radio networks can cause severe
disruption and distress. We worked closely with the Community Policing
Team and the British Transport Police to thoroughly investigate and
bring the illegal interference to an end.”

Anyone who has further information about these crimes is asked to
contact Police Scotland on 101.

BBC News story
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-31417329