ARLA/CLUSTER: BBC World Service encerra emissão em 1323 kHz a 25 de Abril de 2015

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 5 de Fevereiro de 2015 - 13:33:38 WET

End of BBC World Service on 1323 kHz

The BBC World Service English is to end medium wave radio services to
Eastern Mediterranean on 1323kHz in April

The BBC announced on February 3 that the English language radio
service in the Eastern Mediterranean - including Israel, much of
Lebanon, Cyprus and southern Turkey - will end on 25 April 2015.

Director of BBC World Service, Fran Unsworth, says: “Our English
language service will still be available via satellite and on the
internet - which is increasingly how our audiences tune in. However,
we cannot identify a financially viable method by which to continue
the medium wave radio service. It is for this reason that we have
decided to end these transmissions.“

Audiences in the region will be able to listen to BBC World Service
English 24 hours day through the direct-to-home satellite service on
Eutelsat 13 (13 deg East, 11,117 MHz Vertical) or through the internet
at BBCWorldservice.com

BBC statement
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/statements/mw-eastern-med

Thanks to Mike Barraclough and BDXC for spotting this item