ARLA/CLUSTER: How to use the SDRPlay RSP as a panadapter

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 23 de Dezembro de 2015 - 14:10:59 WET

SWLing Post contributor, Mehdi Asgari, writes:

In this post, I will show you how to use an SDR as a panadapter for a
commercial communications receiver. I’m using an Icom R72 and a
SDRPlay RSP, but you can do it with nearly all receivers and SDRs.

The Icom R72 is a double conversion HF (0-30 MHz) communications receiver.

A panadapter lets you see the spectrum of your receiver (it gives you
a broader, higher-level picture of what’s around your tuned
frequency). After using it, you’ll wonder how you’ve been using your
receiver without a spectrum display!