ARLA/CLUSTER: EUA; Vida selvagem destroi repetidores e 2 e 6m de amadores

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 31 de Agosto de 2015 - 11:01:22 WEST

Ham radio repeaters destroyed by wildfire

The ARRL reports amateur repeaters have fallen victim to a Washington
wildfire

Two Central Washington repeaters, owned and operated by the Lake Chelan
Amateur Radio Club, have been destroyed by one of the wildfires raging in
that state. The co-located machines, one on 2 meters and one on 6 meters,
were sited on Slide Ridge near Manson, Washington, in Chelan County. On
August 27, the First Creek Fire completely leveled the building housing the
repeaters. Scorched antennas and support structures are still standing but
are likely beyond repair. The club’s *Roger Odorizzi, W7CH*, said the
repeaters had been offline for several days.

“We knew the fire had wiped out the power going to our site, but we hoped
for the best, that our mountaintop building was possibly spared,†he said.
“Now we have confirmation this was not the outcome.â€
Odorizzi said the area remains closed, and the club likely will not have
access to it “for a long time.â€

Read the full ARRL story at
http://www.arrl.org/news/amateur-repeaters-fall-victim-to-washington-wildfire

ARES/RACES volunteers face fire threat
http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2015/august/
ares_races_volunteers_face_fire_threat.htm