ARLA/CLUSTER: Repetidores ganham "vida" quando se escutam YL a chamar e a conversar.

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 28 de Agosto de 2015 - 13:04:22 WEST

YLs wake a quiet Essex repeater

GB3DA, the repeater in Danbury near Chelmsford is one of repeaters looked
after by the *Essex Repeater Group*.

Of an evening when no net is scheduled, GB3DA is normally pretty quiet.

On the 27th of August, the repeater quickly livened up after *Essex
Ham*’s *Kelly,
M6KFA* started an impromptu net.

Kelly presents an online technology radio show and during a brief pause in
recording, put out a call on the repeater. Thanks to the help of a mention
on Facebook and Twitter, an impromptu net of 12 was under way. Kelly was
joined on-air by fellow YL Dorothy M0LMR, prompting talk of a YL net.

The photo shown here, taken at the request of two of the participants, was
posted on Twitter and was quickly retweeted locally as well as in Wales,
Scotland, Belgium, Finland and the US.

There’s much discussion taking place about how to get more activity on 2m,
and now we know what the answer may be - encourage our YLs to take to the
air!

Kelly presents the award-winning technology radio show FrequencyCast –
www.frequencycast.co.uk , and part of the QSO will feature in the September
show.