ARLA/CLUSTER: VK4GHL: A hisória de 6 radioamadores que à 11 anos e a viajar cada ano 300 km, activam sempre o mesmo farol

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 14 de Agosto de 2015 - 11:28:26 WEST

The long trek for ILLW group

The Tableland Radio Group will be operating from Grassy Hill
Lighthouse - Cooktown Australia for the 11th consecutive year this
International Lighthouse Lightship Weekend.

The group travels over 300 kilometres to get to the location and make
it a very social trip. We will have 6 Amateurs at our Light and will
be using the special call reflecting our adopted light house VK4GHL.

The Cook shire Council Mayor Mr Peter Scott is very supportive of our
participation in this event and readily give us approval to operate in
the public space. The Historical Society is also supportive as it is
part of the area's history. The local newspaper has also done an
article on our event.

Its great to see the growing number of lights being activated by HAMS
around the world.

http://www.cooktownandcapeyork.com/do/history/grassyhilllighthouse