ARLA/CLUSTER: Ofcom não tem planos para licenciar "broadcastings" em HF

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 10 de Agosto de 2015 - 13:20:37 WEST

Ofcom: HF Broadcast Licensing

Peter Eckersley used Freedom of Information (FoI) Requests to discover
Ofcom's position on the licensing of HF broadcast stations in the UK

Ofcom's latest reply on August 6 said:

Regarding your e-mail dated 23 July, your understanding is correct
that HF frequencies require to be co-ordinated internationally, and
that Ofcom has no plans to license any new shortwave frequencies. This
is because the government’s stated policy is for broadcast radio to
gradually move away from analogue transmission towards digital means
of transmission, and DAB in particular.

One factual correction I would like to make from our previous response
on this issue….Ofcom licenses the HF transmissions of the BBC World
Service under the Wireless Telegraphy Act 2006, and not under powers
granted to Ofcom in the BBC's Charter.

Read Peter Eckersley's FoI requests and Ofcom's replies at
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/hf_broadcasting