ARLA/CLUSTER: Santa Lúcia vai também celebrar o World Amateur Radio Day a 18 de Abril

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 7 de Abril de 2015 - 13:49:41 WEST

Saint Lucia Amateur Radio Club to celebrate World Amateur Radio Day

The *Saint Lucia Amateur Radio Club* (SLARC) will be celebrating with the
millions of operators, World Amateur Radio Day.

Every April 18, radio amateurs worldwide take to the airwaves in
celebration of World Amateur Radio Day. It was on that day in 1925 that the
International Amateur Radio Union was formed in Paris .

In Saint Lucia we intend taking the celebration around the island in every
one of the seventeen districts. We started with the capital city of
Castries in 2013, the busy tourist district of Gros-Islet in 2014, and in
2015 we will be going into the small fishing village of Anse-La-Raye.

In a public display of our prized artform, we invite not only special
invited guests which include the District Representatives, the National
Emergency Management Organization NEMO, the National Telecommunications
Regulatory Commission NTRC and the Saint Lucia Red Cross Society, but we
focus on the young persons especially school children who we hope will
continue the development of amateur radio on our island.

We also pay special attention to our sponsors who from time to time come
forward to support our organization.

The day will begin with an opening ceremony and throughout the day we will
operate HF and VHF equipment, display old and new amateur radio gear,
provide video shows and discussions.

World Amateur Radio Day is the day when the Saint Lucia Amateur Radio Club
can show our capabilities to the public and are encouraged to take
advantage of this special day to promote amateur radio in our country.

Remember when all else fails - Amateur Radio is here

All interested individuals are asked to write the SLARC at P.O. Box CCP
5464, Castries St. Lucia.

*Lionel Ellis*President SLARC