ARLA/CLUSTER: Software WSJT-X v1.4 deve ser dado a conhecer a 1 de Outubro, com importantes alterações à anterior versão

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 19 de Setembro de 2014 - 13:00:41 WEST

Plan for beta release of WSJT-X v1.4

A public beta release of the weak signal datamodes software *WSJT-X*,
version 1.4, is now planned for October 1

Download links will be posted at that time on the WSJT home page.

Important changes in version 1.4 relative to v1.3, r3673 include the
following:

1. CAT control for most radios is much improved, including expanded support
for Commander, Ham Radio Deluxe, and OmniRig. One-way CAT control is no
longer supported. Users may choose no CAT control, or may have working
two-way communication so that WSJT-X can verify that commands sent to the
rig have been executed. "Split" mode operation is supported via HRD for
radios where HRD provides the necessary control functions. WSJT-X can now
simulate Split mode for rigs that do not provide it.

2. Many options previously found on the Setup menu now appear on a far more
flexible "Settings" screen. You can define multiple spot operating
frequencies per band. All recognized amateur bands are supported, and
frequency offsets can be configured for transverters.

3. There has been considerable polishing and extension of the user
interface, including optional user-defined palettes for the waterfall and
user-defined fonts for the main screen, decoded text areas, and
Astronomical Data screen.

4. The JT65 decoder now accepts negative values of DT down to -3.2 s,
eliminating most of the occasional "garbage decodes".

5. Better (glitch-free) behavior of audio streams.

6. Better handling of messages that include compound callsigns.

7. Support for standard "localization" conventions.

8. Writable files now appear in platform-dependent standard locations. This
allows for more efficient installation on all supported platforms and
allows settings to be seamlessly carried forward during program upgrades.

9. A new WSJT-X User Guide is available. Additions and changes will
continue to be made, but most sections are now in good shape.
Click on http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx-doc/
wsjtx-main.html
<http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main.html> to
read the manual.

In addition, there are many internal changes to the project aimed at
cleaning up the code, establishing a standard set of compile-and-build
tools, and making the whole package more readily maintained by an active
development group.

*Known Problems*

WSJT-X v1.4 cooperates with Ham Radio Deluxe much more reliably than v1.3.
However, the good behavior can break down when HRD Logbook or DM780 are
also running in parallel. You may see delays up to 20 seconds or so in
frequency changes or other radio commands, due to a bug in HRD. HRD folks
are aware of the problem, and are working to resolve it.

It has not been possible to initially provide support for all radios via
HRD. We have built-in diagnostics that allow quick identification of the
extra support needed to support untested rigs via HRD. We urge HRD users to
try this new version and report back results. We will then add any missing
support based on feedback from users as soon as possible.

About 25 amateurs, including all of the most active members of the
Development Team, have been regular users of WSJT-X built from recent code
revisions. We find version 1.4 to be a pleasure to use, and we think you
will, too.

We look forward to user feedback on the latest version following its formal
announcement in about two weeks.

73,

* Joe, K1JT* (for the WSJT Development Team)

WSJT Homepage
http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjt.html

WSJT Yahoo Group
https://groups.yahoo.com/group/WSJTgroup