ARLA/CLUSTER: Emissora cubano de números denuncia a sua presença em 11 530 kHz

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 15 de Setembro de 2014 - 13:40:50 WEST

Shortwave Numbers Stations: A bad day to be a Cuban spy

While band scanning last Sunday (September 8, 2014) I stumbled upon the
Cuban numbers station HM01 on 11,530 kHz at 17:30 UTC.

It’s always intriguing to hear numbers stations, but I prefer those that
stick to pure vocal number strings; HM01 has numbers with digital bursts
between number sets, which is a more fatiguing listening experience.

Nonetheless, I kept it playing in the background as I tooled around the
radio room Sunday afternoon, putting away supplies from my recent three
week road trip.

Several times during the HM01 broadcast, I heard the audio (not the AM
carrier) drop in the middle of numbers sets and digital bursts...

http://wp.me/pn3uc-2NF

*Thomas K4SWL*