ARLA/CLUSTER: Um dos Prémio Nobel da Química de 2014 é radioamador - Professor William E. Moerner WN6I

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 9 de Outubro de 2014 - 13:00:33 WEST

Another radio ham receives Nobel Prize

Radio amateur *Professor William E. Moerner WN6I* has been awarded the
Nobel Prize in Chemistry

William Moerner, WN6I, of Los Altos, a chemistry professor at Stanford
University, will share the prestigious award equally with two other
researchers — Eric Betzig and Stefan Hell — for their work in
high-resolution microscopy or nanoscopy.

For many years scientists had believed that an optical microscope could
never yield better than 0.2 micrometer resolution. The three scientists
overcame that limitation through what the Nobel panel called “the
development of super-resolved fluorescence microscopy.â€

Read the ARRL story at
http://www.arrl.org/news/radio-amateur-is-among-nobel-prize-in-chemistry-winners

Read the Stanford News article at
http://news.stanford.edu/news/2014/october/