ARLA/CLUSTER: Radioamadores vão lançar satelites para o Espaço Profundo

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 20 de Novembro de 2014 - 13:51:54 WET

Ham radio launches to deep space

* ARTSAT2:DESPATCH* is going to launch on a mission into deep space on
November 30, 2014 carrying a 7 watt CW transmitter on 437.325 MHz

It will fly with the asteroid mission Hayabusa 2 and another amateur radio
satellite *Shin'en 2*.

The satellite will have an elliptic orbit around the Sun and travel to a
deep space orbit between Venus and Mars. Its inclination will be almost
zero, which means Shin’en 2 will stay in the Earth’s equatorial plane. The
distance from the Sun will be between 0.7 and 1.3 AU. An Astronomical Unit
(AU) is 149,597,871 km.

The team have released the following information:

1. Despatch CW Format is now available!
Yesterday, we opened a wiki which explains how to join the "Cooperative
data reconstruction," the main mission of Despatch. In this wiki, you can
find the CW format as well as how to report the data you received.
http://despatch.artsat.jp/en/Cooperative_Data_Reconstruction

2. Despatch Tracking page is opened!
Since Despatch is injected into an Earth escape trajectory, TLE is
unavailable. Instead, we opened a web-page for the spacecraft tracking
(both antenna-pointing and receiver-tuning).
http://api.artsat.jp/pass/

Please go to the page and enter your geographic location, and you will get
nearby passes and a table with 1 minute steps that gives you AZ, EL,
Freaquency, and so on. As the apparent movement and the change of the
Doppler shift are slow, manual pointing of the antenna and tuning of the
receiver every 10 minutes or so will do.

3. Reception Report page is opened!
We opened a web page in which you can report the data you received.
http://api.artsat.jp/report/

Thanks in advance and all the best,

*Akihiro Kubota*
ARTSAT project