ARLA/CLUSTER: Porque que é que os radioamadores (americanos) são mais populares que nunca.? EUA tem mais 60% de radioamadores do que em 1981

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 12 de Novembro de 2014 - 12:25:09 WET

Why is ham radio more popular than ever?

Members of the Overlook Mountain Amateur Radio Club are interviewed at
the Woodstock Rescue Squad Headquarters

The article says over 725,000 Americans have ham radio licenses, up
more than 60 percent since 1981.

Keith Tilley K2UNI describes some of the club’s local coordinated
activities. “We did pumpkin patrol last night,” said Tilley, speaking
the day after Halloween. He said the patrol involves keeping watch to
make sure hooligans don’t drop pumpkins off highway overpasses. “We
were there watching 10 or 11 different overpasses over the Thruway,”
he said.

“Most of what we do in terms of public service is Kingston Classic and
other events that are big in areas that need radio communications. We
provide public service that way and we also practice for the potential
of disasters in the future.”

Read the full Saugerties Times story at
http://www.saugertiesx.com/2014/11/10/ham-radio-popular-ever/

Overlook Mountain Amateur Radio Club