Re: ARLA/CLUSTER: O próximo Secretário-Geral da ITU vai ser Houlin Zhao da China

Bruno Luengo - CT5IPX bjmlg13-cluster yahoo.com.br
Quinta-Feira, 6 de Novembro de 2014 - 13:23:04 WET

Se os rádios chinocas já fazem furor, então agora...

73 de CT5IPX - Bruno Luengo

Em Qui, 6/11/14, João Costa > CT1FBF <ct1fbf  gmail.com> escreveu:

 Assunto: ARLA/CLUSTER: O próximo Secretário-Geral da ITU vai ser Houlin Zhao da China
 Para: "Cluster-ARLA" <cluster  radio-amador.net>
 Data: Quinta-feira, 6 de Novembro de 2014 12:55

 All Change at ITU
 !Member States of the International
 Telecommunication Union have completed the election
 process that confirms candidates in the organization’s
 five elected posts, as well as the 12 members of the Radio
 Regulations Board and the 48 Members of ITU Council, the
 administrative body that governs ITU in between quadrennial
 Plenipotentiary Conferences.Houlin Zhao of China was
 successful in his bid to become the next Secretary-General
 of the Union, after eight years as Deputy-Secretary General
 and a further eight years in the elected post of Director of
 ITU’s Telecommunication Standardization Bureau. He won
 with 152 votes, with 152 countries present and
 voting.Malcolm Johnson of the United Kingdom was
 announced as ITU’s new Deputy Secretary-General in the
 fourth round of voting, with 104 votes and 168 countries
 present and voting. In his address to assembled delegates in
 the Plenary session on Friday afternoon, Mr Johnson paid
 tribute to the quality of candidates for what proved this
 conference’s most fiercely-contested post: “Having such
 a qualified and diverse field of candidates is testament to
 our commitment to the Union and bodes well for its future. I
 hope we can rely upon their continuing participation in ITU
 and I look forward to working with them over the next four
 years.”The elections for the posts of Director of
 ITU’s Radiocommunication Bureau, Telecommunication
 Standardization Bureau and Telecommunication Development
 Bureau began late in the working day on the afternoon of 24
 October. The three elections were run
 concurrently.Current incumbent François Rancy was
 confirmed in a second term as the Director of ITU’s
 Radiocommunication Bureau. He contested the position
 unopposed, and received 166 votes with 166 countries present
 and voting. In his post-election address to delegates, Rancy
 stressed ITU’s central role in coordinating the equitable
 global use of spectrum resources. “During these
 four years, remarkable results have been achieved by the ITU
 radiocommunication sector in delivering and managing the
 frequency spectrum worldwide, in adopting standards and best
 practices and in disseminating information and know-how to
 the entire ITU membership. Much remains to be done however
 to ensure that the management of spectrum and orbit
 resources by the ITU continues to feed the development of
 radiocommunications, and connectivity to all citizens of the
 world,” he said.Brahima Sanou, the incumbent
 Director of the Telecommunication Development Bureau, also
 contested his bid for a second term unopposed, and was
 re-elected with 166 votes, with 166 countries present and
 voting. On announcement of the election results, Sanou told
 the conference: “The Member States have decided for
 continuity and as the acknowledgment of the work of the BDT
 staff that I have had the honour of directing for the past
 four years. My re-election is a renewal of a commitment to
 deliver to members and with members, and I am committing to
 this because I know that I can count on the very dynamic
 team in the BDT.” For the local Korean media, the
 biggest news of the conference was the successful
 candidature of Korea’s Chaesub Lee for the post of
 Director of ITU’s Telecommunication Standardization Bureau
 (TSB). Lee obtained the necessary overall majority in the
 first round, with 87 votes and 169 countries present and
 voting. Mr Lee told the conference “As the newly elected
 Director, I will enhance the values of ITU-T activities and
 products, as well as efficiency and effectiveness in
 collaborating within and outside ITU-T. ITU-T is at one of
 its most important moments for the continuous development of
 future ICT and telecommunications.”Read the full
 ITU press release at:
 http://www.itu.int/net/pressoffice/press_releases/2014/

 55.aspx#.VFo9TFfeiTC