ARLA/CLUSTER: BBC World Service aumenta horas de emissão em Onda Curta para a Tailandia

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 28 de Maio de 2014 - 13:26:57 WEST

BBC World Service increases shortwave broadcasts to Thailand

BBC World Service announced that it has increased its shortwave
English-language radio broadcasts to Thailand.

With authorities in the country taking key national and  international
channels off air, the BBC World Service says it will continue the
delivery of its independent news and analysis to audiences there.

Effective 1 a.m. GMT on Monday 26 May, the broadcaster expanded its
availability via shortwave to the Southeast Asian country by adding 10
hours of  broadcasts to its daily shortwave schedule. These include 1
to 3 a.m. GMT on  11600 kHz; 3 to 5 a.m. GMT on 7370 kHz; and 5 to 11
a.m. GMT on 11700 kHz. The  new transmissions add to BBC World
Service’s six hours of shortwave broadcasts  at peak times for
Thailand.

“In times of national crisis, there is an  acute need for accurate,
trusted and impartial news,” said Acting Director, BBC  World Service
Group, Liliane Landor. “This is why, with our international TV news
channel off the air in Thailand, we have increased BBC World Service
radio  broadcasts in the country.”

http://www.radioworld.com/article/bbc-world-service-keeps-thailand-informed/270575

Our thanks to Mike Terry for spotting this item