ARLA/CLUSTER: Nano satellite Delfi-n3Xt vai fazer testes em 2405 MHz de 13 a 17 de Maio

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 9 de Maio de 2014 - 13:05:10 WEST

Delfi-n3Xt:2405 MHz Downlink Test

Delfi Nanosatellite Program Manager, Jasper Bouwmeester PC4JB, has
announced that the team plan to activate the satellite's 2405 MHz
downlink on May 13-17

Dear all,

It has been a while since you heard from us. We are still having
problems to receive our satellite since our transponder test. We now
want to try something different: trying to activate our S-band
transmitter and let it transmit at full power for a pass. If we are
able to receive a signal from the S-band, we know that Delfi-n3Xt
still has an operational receiver and we could potentially demodulate
the S-band signal. But since we already know that the latter is
difficult, the first focus is just to “see” the signal.

Since the satellite is still tumbling, it is a matter of link budget
and statistics if we are able to catch the signal. To increase our
chances we would like to ask the help of radio amateurs in the
neighbourhood with suitable equipment. Since we have to actively
command the satellite we have planned the passes which are suitable
for the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium and Northern France and the
availability of operators from our side. According to a quick survey,
you are living in the area in reach at the selected passes.
The question to you:

Do you have S-band (2405 MHz) reception functionality with a dish of
at least 2.5 meter and tracking capability and willing to follow and
record one or more passes for us?

If so, please let us know your location, the gain of your antenna and
the passes you are able to follow. Off course you do not have to be
actively present during the pass. You can just record it and send the
recording later through www.wetransfer.com.

Delfi-n3Xt will send at 2405 MHz +/- 100 kHz. The latter is the worst
case uncertainty band, but I expect it to be pretty close to the right
frequency. If you have an SDR, you can best set it at +/- 1 MHz around
the centre frequency. Off course you do not have to be actively
present during the pass. You can just record it

The planned attempts are stated by the LOCAL time of commanding below.
If successful transmission would be within the 10-20 minutes after the
indicated time.

- Tue 13-05 ~11.25h local time
- Wed 14-05 ~12:00h local time
- Thu 15-05 ~22:10h local time
- Fri 16-05 ~11:35h local time
- Sat 17-05 ~12:10h local time

If you are able, your help is highly appreciated!

Vy 73,
Jasper PC4JB
Email: Jasper.Bouwmeester <at> tudelft.nl

Delfi-n3Xt
http://www.delfispace.nl/operations/radio-amateurs

Delfi-n3Xt Communication Subsystem
http://www.delfispace.nl/delfi-n3xt/comms