ARLA/CLUSTER: Tony Emanuele (WA8RJF) nomeado Editor da CQ Magazine VHF

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 20 de Março de 2014 - 13:27:04 WET

Tony Emanuele, WA8RJF, named CQ Magazine VHF Editor

Tony Emanuele, WA8RJF, has been named VHF Editor of CQ Amateur Radio
magazine, Editor Rich Moseson, W2VU, announced today.

Emanuele succeeds Joe Lynch, N6CL, who stepped down after 22 years as
VHF Editor to devote his full energies to his new position as Director
of Religious Education for the United States Military Academy at West
Point, New York. Lynch's final column appears in the March/April,
2014, issue of CQ. Emanuele will begin writing the "VHF Plus" column
as of the June issue.

A ham for nearly 50 years, Emanuele has been active on VHF and above
for the past 30 years, enjoys building equipment and has operated on
all bands from 6 meters to 47 GHz. His overriding goal for the column,
he says, will be to "help promote activity on 2 meters and above."

"The hobby is undergoing a change," notes Tony. "As much as we enjoy
the activities and methods that we employ today and in the past, we
must be mindful of what will attract new people to amateur radio and
specifically to VHF and above."

"I am looking forward to working with Tony," says Moseson. "We share
very similar philosophies about the importance of VHF and UHF in the
overall ham radio hobby, and about the role of CQ's VHF Plus column in
promoting activity on the higher frequencies."

Professionally, Emanuele is Sales Engineer/Sales Manager for a
specialty LCD company. He lives in Painesville, Ohio.